Hi It's Laura,
After four down days, I really don't know where to begin today. I stopped and started several times already.
My goal over the Thanksgiving holiday was to eat healthy-ish and continuepre triathlon training. I got half that and Thursday was not my problem. Friday was the problem.
Since I cooked the meal, the desserts and the apps for the holiday, I took Friday off. The short of it: fish & chips for lunch, margaritas & chips for dinner. Everyone needs a day off. I made up for it on Saturday; one hour weight training session and twenty laps in the pool ending with a well deserved fifty-five minutes massage. Aaaaaah ;)
Today begins the third week of muscle growth by high reps, low load. I am increasing my reps and sets progressively
· currently working four sets, 15 reps, low weight ,
· next week will be the last week of hypertrophy and the goal is five sets, 15 reps
· next period of training, max power.
I am shooting for three days a week , but only two is ok for most
Cardio has been a special challenge. My lower calf pain has subsided so I am guessing that it was not the self diagnosed medial gastro but more delayed onset muscle soreness (oops).
As far as the lower back/ hip, that is real as Rachim, the massage therapist and the Chiropractor can attest. Its better than it was but my gluteus medius is keeping me aware that it exists and wants attention (just like my pets).
I am looking forward to a nice normal training week:
· three swim
· two rides
· two runs
I already have one swim completed this week . I am especially excited for spin class this week because I just bought new bike shorts with the padded butt. For some reason these have been particularly difficult to find and Equinox had one pair. woohoo.
An interesting question came to me over the weekend:
· Are people really gluten intolerant or are they just jumping on the gluten free band wagon?
feel free to share your opinion on this topic http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/27/magazine/Should-We-All-Go-Gluten-Free.html?em&exprod=myyahoo
Regards,
Laura
No comments:
Post a Comment