Search This Blog

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Two Days Left!


Hi. It's Laura.



As exciting as this all is, I wish today I could be more excited.

This morning I woke up with severe knee pain or should I say severe knee pain woke me up.

Before I went to swim this morning, I iced the front and the back of the knee and swallowed a couple of Advil. The swim itself was not so bad although I did expect a more quiet pool. I don't kick very much during my swim. I mostly use my arms, training myself to save my legs for the riding and running portions of the race. Post swim, the pain has diminished some but I still can't straighten out the knee completely.

This will not stop me. I have been training for this race for eight months with the heaviest part of my training in the last 16 weeks.

I have done the work and I do not believe this pain will last past today (fingers crossed). With this said, I would like to share some stats with you.

In the last 16 weeks, I have swum 1,020 laps, biked 194 miles and ran 204.5 miles in preparation for Sunday (no wonder I have knee pain!). I have short bike ride tomorrow and a "quick brick" on Saturday before the race.

This is my last blog until Monday but I invite you to follow me on twitter for status updates over the weekend. You can follow me on twitter as @inspiredbylaura.

On Sunday, if you can't make it to cheer me on, you can track my progress on the Aquaphor New York City Triathlon App for iPhone or Android. My race number is 2344.

Play hard!

Laura


No comments:

Post a Comment