2011 is certainly a year I am happy to see go. This is the last posting for this year and we will hit the ground running on January 9 when The Husband and I return from "cross training"
My year started with a torn ACL and torn meniscus which led to surgery with several months of disability (which ultimately led to the loss of my job). While all this was happening we were forced out of our home due to the greed of a hedge fund manager and wound up living a in a temporary apt that we hated. Only to now, fighting to keep our new apt intact while another hedge fund manager tries to build a sliver building to block our light and air.
And then I was not so gently reminded by The Blondish friend...
· I loved to ski and I fell doing something I absolutely love to do.
· I had surgery almost immediately
· I hated my job with a desperate passion (it made me so cranky all the time) and I was going to quit anyway.
· I had an excellent surgeon and physical therapist that helped me get my knee back to better than normal.
· We lived in a temporary space that I would have killed to live in back when I could barely afford to feed myself ramen noodles.
· Once our home was ready to move into, We have a kitchen that we designed together and we both do whatever we can to help our board and attorney fight the contractor
I married the greatest man who has given me a wonderful opportunity. As a result of his support, love , understanding , patience and reminders that I am not my father, I would like to introduce ...
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Play hard & count your blessings!
Laura

No comments:
Post a Comment