BEING SICK STINKS!
I am so bored and want to go back to the gym but since I have moved into “the cough and chest portion” of the cold, I am home (I hate following my own advice). I am also jealous. Because I can’t/shouldn’t go to the gym, I take the dog to the park in the mornings so The Husband can go to the gym and I stare at the runners going by like the dog stares at squirrels.
I will say the best thing that has come out of this cold is that I am ready for Christmas with four days to spare.
Some catch up to start. While nursing the first day of this nasty little cold, the sore throat scared me (I could not swallow at 2:00am and everything is scarier at 2:00am). As I mentioned previously, I had The Husband take me to the clinic in VT as we were there to ski for the weekend (obviously no skiing for me and The Husband stayed with me).
I happen to see “Dr. Marcus Welby” (a.k.a. Jim) for the sore throat. He did remember me from last New Year’s Eve (they see over 100 ACL / shoulder tears per year so I was surprised. Ok, not really because I do think I am unforgettable anyway…).
He asked if he could check out my knee, of course! A twist here, a tug there, conclusion: if he had not seen the scar he would never have known I had a reconstructed ACL. I was impressed.
Thank you to all who put me back together especially Dr. Delaney and Fred the PT guy.
The logo for my personal training business is complete, it is really awesome, I can’t wait to share. Now just a few more things like the business plan, the SBA loan and oh yeah, clients, and I will be up and running.
As for training, I hope to be back in the gym on Monday and back to sharing my tales with you as we enter into the end of the year. I also added a little twist to my training. I will be participating in an indoor triathlon in February sponsored by Jack Rabbitt. It is a simple one without real transitions but a nice end of training to start training goal
Happy Hanukkah & Merry Christmas!
Laura
No comments:
Post a Comment