It's Laura.
Sometimes it just hurts and not in a good way
This morning I got a little bit of a later start. Since the only morning nourishment had been GU and half a cup of coffee, I opted to run along the Hudson River in Riverside Park as opposed to my usual four mile jaunt in Central Park.
The thought process was that I wouldn't have to work as hard along the Hudson because its flat. LOL! I really need to check the weather before I leave the apartment. Two miles up- no problem, two miles back against an unrelenting 12MPH wind…STINKS! (I swear the gusts were at least 50 MPH.) I did check the weather when I got home (yeah yeah, but how else would I know what to write?). If there were leaves on the trees or a flag flying somewhere, I may have made a different choice. So much for getting off easy, I would have been better running the big hill.
The late start was so I could take the dog to the park and let The Husband go to the gym. Poor guy has not been there since we got the dog (so we know who is going to be sore tomorrow). So while I was running (only solving my own problems today) I thought about how selfish exercise really is. Or is it?
Exercise can change the way you look: tone arms, legs & abs. It builds your endurance: you can continue to do a thing for a longer period of time (work, exercise, sex). Exercise can help lower your blood pressure, boost your immune system, aide in lowering your cholesterol all while you improve your self-esteem & mood.
How dare you take an hour for yourself to reap all those benefits! Oh wait I am forgetting the guilt. You don't want to leave work early (or go in late), take time away from the family & friends or let the spouse forage for food on their own at dinner time. In one hour most days of the week you can make a huge difference in you. So I say, be selfish.
Who wants to hang around a person who is healthy, looks good and radiates confidence?
Play hard!
Laura
No comments:
Post a Comment