It's Laura.
As I was walking down the escalator at the Duane Reade, I got it.
I think I finally understand why people turn to food for comfort. My belief is that the biting and chewing sensation for them is the same as having a drink for me (definitely not alone in this). I was clenching my fists waiting for the pharmacist to get off the phone and wondering how I am going to relieve the frustration that I am feeling today ( I was thinking skip the diet, get the Snickers) The answer, at the end, is I have to tell the story (albeit backwards) first. Confused? You won’t be.
My adrenaline is being pushed by sheer frustration this morning and I am not at all happy about it.
THE DOG
rain + dog= muddy mess (and I hate math).
I know he is going to be disgusting after I take him to the dog run today and there is NO WAY he is getting in car, with us, for four plus hours, stinking like a mud bath.
THE STORE
The grocery store is always frustrating but rainy days are particularly obnoxious in the Fairway (not to mention the completely rearranged the store)! I have NOT A CLUE as to where anything is located. Then I find out it is only temporary. If you have never been to the Fairway on UWS, you are not missing anything. First of all the store is two levels and the elevator is as old as dirt. So they moved the bread to the second floor.
second floor bread + self-absorbed New Yorkers = cranky pants. (I now hate math more)
Remember, I am working backwards here.
THE POOL (It’s not what you think)
I was having equipment issues this morning. Foggy goggles (grrrrr)! My really awesome Christmas gift, the Speedo Aquabeat, worked for the first time (long story there) but now I could not figure out how to keep the headphones in my ears without hurting because of the swim cap (owie ow). The cap kept sliding back on my head and my swimsuit just did not fit right today (yes, i said swim cap, it’s the rule).
THE GYM
Before that, the gym was beautifully quiet this morning which should have made for a lovely run. Of course, three minutes into my treadmill run, I accidently pulled the emergency cord which stopped my machine. So I plugged it back in and got moving. Twenty minutes pass and then I have to pee. I tell myself, ignore it. I tell myself “you'll sweat it out”. NOPE. Borderline emergency here. Off to pee (sorry if it’s too much information) and back on the machine to finish my run before I head to the pool.
THE BEASTS (today there are 2 of them)
Rainy morning, the husband and the dog slept in (if you call 5:15 sleeping in although the dog didn't get up until 5:30). I weigh in on Friday's (down only .2 pounds?! Grrrrr!). I grabbed for a band aid and the entire box fell out all over the floor (not to mention the unmentionables that also fell to floor and scattered everywhere). That is soooooo frustrating. I had bad night sleep (coffee at 4:00pm yesterday).
It happens to all of us. As frustrating as it all was, the workout got done despite all the obstacles I put in my own way.
THE BLOG (yeah, yeah, yeah, I know it’s out of order. Did you think I would get better at math by the end of this?)
As of this writing, more frustration, I keep misplacing my hands on the keyboard and getting typos, driving me nuts. At the same time, the smelly beast keeps thinking he is a lap dog and climbing up to cuddle (the dog BTW is 55lbs). However, he did make me giggle as he thinks that he can cuddle like the cats (I guess I isn’t such a bad day after all).
Have a good weekend!
Play hard & keep on!
Laura
No comments:
Post a Comment