Search This Blog

Monday, January 23, 2012

Happy Monday- NOT

Hi! It's Laura.

Welcome to Blue Monday.  Blue Monday is allegedly the most depressing day of the year.

The holidays have passed, the bills are rolling in from those holidays and  we still have at least six more weeks of cold weather. Not to mention those pesky New Year's resolutions hanging over your head (if you weren't depressed before, that should do it).

Statistically, if  you have not broken your resolution yet, you are about to , as most don't last the month of January.

I did not know any of this when I woke up this morning.  I did know that it was Monday & raining which means a smelly dog (who will from now on be known as “The Smelly Beast”).

Again, without knowing this, my workout was hard (I did it anyway) or should I say harder than usual. And I sadly fell asleep before the end of the Giants game so that was not the problem. The Husband's workout was hard (he did it anyway). Even the dog went back to bed after his workout (and I know it was hard for him as he was sick over the weekend).

January has been tough: diet, no alcohol (Can't wait for February 1!) and generally no friends (I mostly eat & drink with my friends so most of them will wait until February to see me). But January has been productive with great sleep (no alcohol), diet (down xxxxlbs, we had this discussion) and improved swim and runs times.

However, it is hard to be upbeat on a rainy Monday in January that is supposed to be the most depressing day of the year. But try and look at the lighter side: the deepest darkest days of winter are behind us (more daylight every day), you are a solid month into your resolution (it only gets easier from here) and Spring really is just around the corner (but not until I get more ski days in).

Blue Monday, schmoo Monday.

Play hard & stay positive!
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment