Hi. It's Laura.
Holy Heat Wave Batman! Personally I am not a fan of the warmer weather. I prefer temps in the 40's & 50's. But since we have no control over the weather the best thing we can do it manage it as best as we can.
No matter the time of year, I prefer outdoor exercise to indoor. This heat has driven me inside to the air conditioned gym to complete my long run for the week. As for today, I have a swim in the ocean. This will complete my open water requirement for the Triathlon. I don't think I could have picked a better day to go for a swim. Of course, I am going to be in a full wetsuit because the Ocean is cold. I'll let you know how that goes tomorrow.
Yesterday was only the first day of summer so I am sure that we will encounter more hot weather and exercise must go on. If you are going to exercise outside be sure you get out early before the sun can rear its ugly head, drink plenty of fluids and don't forget to replace your electrolytes.
I pulled this from the Mayo Clinic for tips and signs of exercising in the heat:
Play hard & stay cool!
Laura
No comments:
Post a Comment