Hi. It's Laura.
After I wrote my blog on Friday, I sent it off for editing. I am sure you have figured out by now that The Husband does the editing. I thought my blog was pretty funny. Being insecure in my thought, I asked him. He said “yes it was and your brain is very annoying”. Hey! Tell me about it. And the lovely man got a second dose of that on Saturday morning [Editor’s note: no comment].
Saturday morning started off much like Monday, chilly & wet. I was up early enough. Because of the clouds and the rain, I delayed the start to my new Saturday workout: the brick.
I sure will miss them when the Tri is over. For those of you who don't remember, the brick is a back to back workout, layering the workouts like bricks (or because that is the way your legs feel after the transition from the bike to the run). My specific workout Saturday was a one hour bike ride immediately followed by a 20 minute run. You may think I am being sarcastic but I really will miss them.
My workout schedule ends on Saturday leaving Sunday for rest. Because the weather was so icky on Saturday I was debating postponing until Sunday. I made the decision, “Sunday it is”.
I started to watch the news with some coffee and the brain is at it again: “What if rains on race day?” “They say nothing should be new on race day!” “You haven't ridden your bike in the rain so you should.”
UGH But its rainiiiiiing. and its cooooold. I decided to stay home again.
I am restless and a little wracked with guilt. Finally, I can’t take it anymore. I go! [Editor’s note: The inner debate was way more externally vocal than she indicated. I mean, “No Comment!”]
Later than I would have liked, but it was all worth it. Because of the rain, Riverside Park was very quiet for the first hour I was out there. It didn't really get busy until after we left.
I was so happy that I went on Saturday. The roads were quiet and it shut my brain up (relief in itself). The minute I started to pedal I felt a peace come over me. As for the workout itself, the bricks are definitely getting easier.
During my first brick the stitch in my side was so bad I didn't know how I was going to make it and it was only a 10 minute run. The runs are getting longer (soon enough it will a 10K). For this week, I was up to twenty minutes. The run part of the brick has been feeling like empty calories until I got to this longer one where I was able to settle down into an actual run instead of trying to just get it over with.
When Sunday morning rolled around, I was glad I made the choice to stick with the plan of rest on Sunday. I was tired and sore. The brain was not working one bit, which is a good indication that I made the right choice for me.
I make plans to make sure I get the right training but also to give The Brain reasons to nag. Sometimes, we all need a nudge to be successful. Find your nudge and thank them and ask them to keep it up.
Now get out there an exercise!
Regards,
Laura
No comments:
Post a Comment