The Saint? The Gift from God? The Miracle Worker? Hmmm!?
I like The Miracle Worker, so let's go with that.
Yesterday, I shared my pain with you (my literal pain in the piriformis otherwise known as my butt). I shared because the pain is acute and directly related to my training efforts. Also, I know it is a sensitive area that is prone to discomfort for me and others. So if you were embarrassed, don't be.
I am extremely fortunate to have a friend that is a massage therapist, someone who would prefer to be a massage therapist than be in her current corporate position. I am trying to make that happen for both us of as I would like The Miracle Worker to be part of the Inspired! team.
Back in late July, I had a "mouse" in my shoulder blade. I have no idea how it started but it was the second time this knot appeared. I went to the chiropractor (useless). I used the massage therapist at the chiropractor (surprise, useless too). I even went to the nail salon by my old office for a ten minute shoulder massage (ok, that one I should have known in advance would be useless).
I was in constant pain. Asking friends for favors is tough for me, I just feel like I am imposing,out of desperation, I sent The Miracle Worker a text asking for a favor.
The response was "Happy to! Buy me a drink and pay for my cab to you and back".
She showed up at 9:00PM and worked just on my shoulder for an hour, flipping this way and that way. She was touching my toes and my fingers to the point I said “uh, dear, that is nowhere near my shoulder”. All I got was "shut up". Well Ok then.
An hour later, with her table packed and safely in a cab, I went to bed. (I know as soon as this is published I will get a phone call or a text telling me how inaccurate all of this is and what I left out! C'est la vie.)
The results were amazing. After walking around with "Fred" (that is what we named the “mouse”) for two months, it was gone. ALLELUJIAH!
Present day, the pain in my piriformis , is gone as of last night. Okay it still hurts but that has everything to do with the lunges I did yesterday and not the acute muscle knot pain. And to The Miracle Worker, welcome aboard! If you think I would let you go work for anyone else, you’re crazy (and you know I can kick your butt).
Off to run! Slept through my morning workout and need to make it up now.
Play hard!
Laura
No comments:
Post a Comment