Hi. It's Laura
Happy Monday! I do hope my absence has been noticed.
Last week started poorly (and by poorly I mean FUN but not healthy).
Start with a dinner party where we stayed up way too late. Stir in imbibing in too much wine, sprinkle in overindulging in ice cream sandwiches (although they were spectacular, thank you Alain Ducasse). Add The Rangers game the day after and then shake.
Out comes “owie ow” not to mention, an overall feeling over malaise brought about by all the fun. Good grief, no wonder I called in last Tuesday and struggled all week with trying to get through my workouts. I thought about it and realized it was most likely the poor nutrition making me feel sluggish.
I certainly was not feeding myself properly for several days. You don't realize what affect it can have on the body. Now I am not a dietician but certainly do have a clue on how to fuel myself properly to get the desired performance. Last week was not the proper way.
Caving in to some of the food cravings can certainly take you down a dark a path. It can be so easy to go all the way down but I was able to hold myself out of the darkness. I did succumb to a bad week (I am human not a robot so a bad week happens) but it did not have to be catastrophic and it wasn't.
So the week started poorly and ended poorly. I read on Thursday there was a winter storm warning in VT. GOTTA GO! The husband and I packed the car and the dog and headed for the hills, literally. We were not disappointed. In a winter that has been barren of natural snow, the resort wound up with 10inches of fresh powder and Sunday was all day sunshine. SPECTACULAR!
Perhaps that is exactly what we needed: a break from the ordinary, a little spontaneity and little fresh powder to recharge the batteries.
Monday morning started beautifully: a 600 yard swim and 4.5 mile run (at an unprecedented pace for me). Now I am not a fast runner (don't claim to be), but this morning, for me, I was flying around the park and felt wonderful.
Now I am looking forward to a great week as I am off to great start. I think I am all caught up now and will deal more with nutrition later this week.
Play hard!
Laura
No comments:
Post a Comment