Hi All, Laura here,
Some days it is harder to write than other days. Sometimes because I struggle with what I want to talk about and others because I just don't have a ton of time.
Today is both. So instead of sitting down at my computer with the luxury of a cup of tea and posting to my actual blog site, I am starting today by writing my opening in an email in the subway. Isn't technology great? In addition to my mobile device, The Husband has also handed down to me his iPad (first generation). I was thinking “Won't that be great? I can write from anywhere!” What I thought and reality are completely different. That iPad is heavy and a tad awkward to type on in a mobile capacity. I also have not quite figure out where it fits into my world yet. C'est la vie!
I mentioned the other day that pool is closing at the JCC beginning tomorrow until the 15th of April. This seems like a very long time to me and I am panicked about how to get in that type of exercise. When I panic, I research. I found that the next best thing to swimming is rowing. So a-rowing I will go. Now mind you, I have never rowed. I have kayaked twice in my life: once that experience was with my boyfriend on vacation (now The Husband). And again last year, with friends, in the Hackensack River (much more successful trip). This will be interesting. I do get one more swim in the pool today. Knowing that I have to do something new next week and not be able to swim at all next week, today I am not dreading it.
I did my long run today (6 miles) which I usually do on Monday. Now I remember why. I am exhausted. Usually on Monday's, I am coming off a day of rest and feel strong. A long run midweek after a long ride is tough. My legs feel like lead and I am having trouble walking up stairs from fatigued quads. I took the subway downtown this morning. When I arrived at my stop I looked at the stairs to take me to the street, there was much dread. I felt like an old lady getting up them. Today is the today I could use a nap but there is no end in sight for things must get done today. Aaah Wednesday's!
My biggest challenge this week is squeezing in everything because real life is happening. The Husband will celebrate his birthday tomorrow and I believe this launches a full week of celebrating including a round of golf on Friday.
How do you manage life and still stick to your exercise plan?
For me I live by my calendar. I am a huge planner (shut up husband [Editor’s note: What did I say?]).
At the beginning of every week, I look at what workouts I need to get done and compare to what else is going on. I then move things accordingly. One of my rules of thumb is try to get the biggest workouts done on Monday and Tuesdays because by mid an end of week I am quite done. Scheduling your exercise is as important, if not more important, than scheduling your next client meeting. As they say, “if you don't have your health...”
Play Hard and Plan Well!
Laura
No comments:
Post a Comment