Hi. It's Laura.
Monday, I made the mistake of taking my time getting to the gym. It was all my own fault as I took "rest" day to the extreme on Sunday which made it difficult to move come Monday morning.
I walked onto the fourth floor of the JCC to find every coat hook taken. Bad sign! The foot traffic in front of the building was completely deceiving because it was so quiet. Usually the mommies are bringing their kids to kindergarten or day school and the lobby is FILLED with strollers. There were very few when I walked in the door. Apparently that means nothing. The gym floor was packed! Every bench in the free weight area had a person on it. Every trainer had a client and most of the cardio machines were full. I have been there at 6:00pm and it wasn't that busy. I observed that a class was just finishing and another about to start so it made more sense.
I was excited to strength train. I have a new program for the next four weeks where I have added plyometrics to the routine and want to see how I am going to feel.
FYI- I am still periodizing my training and switching up, not only the exercises, but the load, the reps and the sets.
- Slams
- Box drills with rings (just you wait The Snow Bunny, these are coming to you!)
- dumbbell hammer curl to lunge to press
- pushup & row
- standing lat pull down
- dead lifts
- plank
- prone cobra
During pushup & row, I was sweating so profusely I actually created a puddle under my face (Ewww! I know).
When I left for the pool I was shaking. I love it when I kick my own ass. Off to the pool.
What to my wondering eyes should appear?! A packed (like I have never seen before) pool.
I counted 7 people in the medium-fast lane and 6 in the medium-slow lane. Forget the fast lane, it was just nuts. I have no choice, I must swim. I promised myself several weeks ago, enough excuses, the swimming needs to happen. I survey the lanes and decide to enter the medium slow lane.
150 meter warm up
2 x50 sighting drills
4 x100 freestyle
100 cool down.
I have not swum 750 meters yet to date and I am anxious about the main drill. Of course my swim cap is secure and my goggles won't fog up so I have no excuse to stop at the end of the lane and catch my breath. I also put myself in the slower lane so I could take my time and not rush through.
All is going swimmingly (pun intended) until I see one of the women in my lane take my pull buoy. I am the only one in our lane that has one and my drill sheet was on top of it.
Seriously?? You just take someone else's equipment without asking. We remained opposite sides of the pool for several lap and so when she stopped using it, and left it on the opposite end from where she took it, I took it back. The she left. Not only did she leave her kick board behind, she left her empty water bottle on the lip of the pool. Some people I just don't understand.
Anyway, I swam my 750 completely and in the order it was supposed to be done. I have to say (hee hee) I am a little proud today. I will bask in this until my next swim where that is 800 meters. oh buoy.
Play hard!
Laura
Laura
No comments:
Post a Comment