Search This Blog

Monday, April 9, 2012

Updates

Hi. It's Laura. 

Happy Monday! 

You ask “where have you been?”  

Well, as I mentioned last week, Thursday was The Husband's birthday. And I am afraid that daily life had to take priority. Don't get me wrong, I trained every day. Thursday I swam, I rode on Friday and ran on Saturday (then napped twice!).  

I knew getting my workouts in during the birthday celebration weekend was going to be difficult. On Friday and Saturday it felt like real work. I did not want to go the gym Saturday morning while The Dog and The Husband took a lovely leisurely stroll through the park, but I did. 

I will say the diet took a bit of hit over the weekend between the birthday dinners and the Easter candy my mother gave me, which is gone now. That is a good thing because if it was still around I would be nibbling on during the week (bad idea).  

I was supposed to do my swim on Wednesday last week. All day long I was just dreading it (I may have mentioned that before) and I was exhausted after a six mile run in the morning. So I did something smart for a change and moved it. I vowed to myself that I would get the swim in on Thursday morning before the pool closed, which I did. Once I made the decision to move that workout, a serious weight was lifted from my shoulders and there was much relief. When I did tackle the swim on Thursday, I was well rested and felt strong. 

Friday morning's ride is another story. I will admit I was slightly hangover from a really good bottle of wine and the steak dinner. Add 37 degree temperatures and I believe The Husband shoved me out of bed. Instead of an outdoor ride, I rode indoors it was just too cold.

The Saturday run was exhausting. I was so beat up from the week (add a round of golf on Friday afternoon as part of the celebration) that after breakfast on Saturday, I took a nap. But it doesn't end there. We ate lunch, took a nap, went out to dinner and went to bed. I guess I needed it.

With a rest day on Sunday, I'm back to work today feeling much better than I was on Saturday.

So we start the week with a 15 mile ride. I do wish the weather was a little warmer in the morning. My toes freeze during the long rides. I did finally find a website that has helped me dress for cycling which is my biggest challenge right now. What to wear?! During a ride you are moving anywhere from 10- 25 miles per hour so figuring out what to wear is very different from what to wear during a run. From bicycling magazine, what to wear was super helpful. But of course, I didn't listen because it’s new and I didn't trust it. Based on what I wore this morning, the website was right (of course).  

I’ve got a nice strong start to the week and I am looking forward to some warmer temperatures coming up during the week. 

Play hard!

Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment