Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

No Rest for the Weary


Hi, Laura here!



While everyone is heading to the beach this weekend, The Husband and I are heading for the hills and not a moment too soon. Today I’m a hater. Everyone is annoying or stupid or rude. I would really like to pull this girl’s hair on the subway for being so unaware of her surroundings (I really wanted to but I didn't). I would also like to smack the guy who is wearing too much cologne (still on the subway not in the gym).

Exercise is supposed to make you feel good. But these last couple of days, I am just too tired. I am looking at my day ahead. Even though I have already had a gym session in the morning I still have a swim to get through this afternoon, not to mention everything else that needs to get done. So I guess, not only am I tired and cranky today, I am slightly overwhelmed. I have noticed that this is a trend on Wednesdays for me an right now and I cannot change it.

I worry about myself because I know why and what happens when I am tired.

First the why, I am most likely dehydrated. I eat my fruits & vegetables, I drink plenty of coffee and tea and I drink water while I am working out. It's the rest of the day that is water deficient.  I find it very hard to drink water all day because I am constantly on the go, which makes bladder management sometimes an issue. I know I need to do a better job. I preach water but I am probably the worst offender. I am thinking of a challenge for myself on water consumption when I figure it out. I will invite you to join me. Right now the only person I know (I think) who drinks not only his share but mine as well is The Husband. [Editor’s Note: I love the stuff. I have finished 50 oz so far today.]

I also worry about myself because, when I am tired like this, I tend to overeat. I think I am hungry but it is not my body need for food. It is just the mind craving calories to keep me awake (the mind lies!). I have discussed this in previous blogs as it causes overrating when tired.


So far today I have eaten: 3 oz egg whites, two slices of turkey bacon, one whole wheat English muffin , a half a glass of milk , a Kind bar, oh and a Grande Earl Grey from Starbucks with two Splenda and a little skim milk to cool it off.  Add on a Muscle Milk Light and it is all tolled about 680 calories. This is actually not why I am still hungry and still tired. My total caloric intake is usually about 1400-1500 calories and with lunch and dinner on the horizon I am not doing too badly

I am praying for a great night sleep before my 2 hour ride tomorrow. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

For now, it's off to the pool. After that, it is on to pack for our journey north with running shoes and bike in tow. There is no vacation from training.


Play hard!
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment