Hi. It's Laura
Happy Monday. or not..
The weekend plans were all centered around my having to get up at 3:30 on Sunday morning. It started Friday night taking it easy and going to bed early. One of my favorite things about Sunday is staying in bed with coffee reading the paper (it’s actually on the iPad so it’s much neater). Since I was not going to be able to do that this week, I stayed in bed a little longer on Saturday. With the Brick workout still ahead of me for Saturday, the relaxing didn't last as long as I would have liked. I know I had to get out there before everything got too crowded. The weather was absolutely gorgeous and I know both the Park and the West Side would be crazy if I waited.
Finally, at 7:30 am, I moved. One hour bike ride and 15 minute run. A public thank you to The Husband, whom without, I have no idea how I would get the brick workouts done. He waits for me to finish the bike ride and then hold the bike while I go for the run. Always when I pull up he has a huge smile on his face which makes the transition pretty awesome, considering. [Editor’s note: The Dog comes along too and isn’t quite as helpful.]
I was super happy with the brick this week. So far every one that I did, I would start to cramp on the run portion, not this week! YAY! It is actually getting easier. With that done, onto breakfast and the rest of our day.
Because of my early rise time for Sunday morning, we ran some errands and went out for lunch thinking dinner out would just be too late. When we got back from lunch we decided napping was not in the cards if I needed to get up so early. So we relaxed and watched a documentary that I have been dying to see. We were about half way through when I decided to re-check my email and figure out where I needed to go in Brooklyn. As I am reading the email, I turn and ask The Husband the date. He says the 19th. Uh oh.
The Brooklyn Half Marathon is on May 19th NOT Sunday May 19th. I missed it.
I felt awful and immediately sent an email to the volunteer organizer apologizing profusely. The head of volunteers was really sweet about it and said he has even done it himself. Although that this nice, I still felt bad. Well, my Saturday night was now open. Yeah, we did nothing. We already had our plan so why not just stick to it just not the part when you get up at 3:30 AM.
I got stay in bed a little longer on Sunday and enjoyed my coffee and my paper.
FYI, the plans we had for Sunday afternoon also fell through.
Back to work on Monday: 1150 meter swim and a new strength training regime for the
Next four weeks. Just six weeks to go.
Play Hard!
Laura
No comments:
Post a Comment